October is so near the end of the year and I always find myself being more reflective about the year. So for today’s #Blogtober post, I wanted to check the goals I set in September. Last month, I decided to set myself some blogging and reading goals. Let’s see how I got on.
For each category, I’ll tackle one bullet point at a time.
September Blogging Goals:
- Post at least one more review by the end of the month
- Try to post at least once per week
I think I just about managed to cover this, though I’m not completely sure.
- Try out some more tags or share a book haul
I shared my Holiday Haul, but unfortunately I didn’t get round to doing any more tags. That’s something I’ll try to change this month.
September Reading Goals:
- At least one book by a BAME author and/or contains BAME characters
The Diviners by Libba Bray (I’m cheating and including one book from the series for each category as it fits in all three)
Show Stealer by Hayley Barker
Night of the Party by Tracy Mathias
A Thousand Beginnings and Endings (anthology)
- At least one book by an LGBT+ author or that contains LGBT+ themes
Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
That’s Not What Happened by Kody Keplinger (asexual main character and LGBT+ side characters)
- At least one book containing themes about mental health issues/disabilities
Girl In The Window by Penny Joelson
Before The Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray
Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture
- Try to stick to my current system of choosing books (which I outlined in the original post here)
I did stick to this system and found that it worked quite well, though I did have to use a do-over once, when I just really wasn’t in the mood for the book I’d picked.
Over To You:
What were your goals for September? Did you manage to achieve them?