I was tagged by the lovely Amy from Amy’s Bookish Life and the amazing Rose from Life Amongst The Pages to have a go at the original tag Jenn from Jenniely created. I have a sneaking suspicion that I’ll end up on the Naughty list, but we’ll have to see how it goes.
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link Jenns post
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
The Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it
Amazingly enough, I haven’t done this. I have only received ARCs from my local indie bookstore to review and I’ve given my review in on time. One point for me being nice (ish).
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
I don’t have Netgalley, so this isn’t applicable for me!
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✔
I haven’t done this with Goodreads, but I’m going to count myself on this ones I have planned to do full length reviews of books and I’ve just never got round to it.
4. Folded down the page of a book
No, never. I don’t think I would, unless it was an accident i.e. my bag with a book in got squashed, so the page got folded.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
I try to be careful with books, especially since I borrow most of mine from my local library system, so I haven’t done this. I usually have a cup of tea or hot chocolate while reading though…
6. DNF a book this year ✔
I have done this. I even removed the book off my Goodreads, because I felt like I didn’t want to say about DNFing a book. It was just a mood thing; the book itself was actually ok.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ✔
Yep, I’ve done this. I always have the intention of reading them, but this particular one has been languishing on my unofficial shelf by my bed ever since I bought it.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✔
This is just me constantly. I always seem to have my nose stuck in a book and have successfully procrastinated from a range of things because I was reading.
9. Skim read a book ✔
Yep, very guilty of this one as well. I always feel quite self-conscious about DNFing and I don’t really know why, so I have skim read sections of a book that looking back, I should really just have DNFed.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
I actually managed to exceed my Goodreads goal this year with (at the time of writing this post) having read 273 books, with my goal of 250 books. This was probably because I was reading while I was meant to be doing something else!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it
Again, the majority of the books I read come from my local library system, so I have to get them back on time, or I’ll get a fine! This is a bug-bear of mine, as I’ve previously leant out a lovely book and never got it back.
12. Broke a book buying ban ✔
I did this last month. I put myself on a book buying ban after splashing out in London, but the other weekend, I found Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard in a local charity shop for £3. I really loved this book when I read it earlier this year and it was a nearly perfect copy for a brilliant price, so I picked it up.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
Somehow, I’ve managed to avoid doing this. I think it’s because I’ll sit down and have a major reviewing session. I have this personalised notebook a friend got me for Christmas a couple of years ago where I write all my notes for reviews as I’m reading the book, so the ideas can easily be refreshed when I review the book or series.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
NO WAY. I have a friend (the same one who gave me the notebook) who annotates her books to record her favourite lines or moments and we regularly have heated debates about this. I can’t stand it. Even when studying English Literature, it gets on my nerves to have to write in my copy of a book.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
I am quite a Goodreads fanatic, so I’ve kept on top of this.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it
I don’t do this, as I always feel so happy that a friend has chosen to share a story they like/love with me. To be honest, I probably am more careful with books from friends than books I actually own.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book ✔
The friend who borrowed a book and never returned it asked to borrow my treasured hardback of Caraval, so I may have skirted around the question and then just changed the subject…
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book ✔
It was a library book and I instantly felt awful. Don’t hate me for it.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I actually always leave the jacket on books, so I’m in the clear on that one.
20. Sat on a book accidentally ✔
I have done this so many times. I leave the book I’m reading on my armchair/in my bed/on the sofa, go out of the room and when I come back later, I just sit down without thinking! It’s always been with books I own though.
So I actually got Nice, which was totally not what I was expecting! Thanks to Jenn for creating such a fun and thought-provoking tag.
- Kerys from The Everlasting Library
- Delly from Dellybird
- Georgi from Niffler Reads
- Leisha from literaryleisha
- Hannah from Books, Life and Other Oddities
- Kim from Kimothy Wish
- Gel from Whimsy Wanders
- Not from Nox Reads
But please, feel free to take part, but just make sure you credit Jenn!