So, it’s been a pretty busy time in my life and I haven’t had as much time for blogging and reading for fun. Today, I’m going to wrap up the last two months in one mega-post!
I managed to read 13 books in October and November, including some utterly stand-out titles. I’m currently drafting a ‘recent’ reads post that will contain all my brief thoughts on these books and am drafting some extended reviews for those I have many thoughts on.
- Queen of Volts
- The Ghost Tree, I Hope You’re Listening and Shine
- Nobody Knows But You, Grown and Who I Was With Her
- Those Who Prey
As it’s a combined haul and my birthday falls in November, I’ve been thoroughly spoilt with so, so many amazing books!
Firstly, I’d preordered the Collector’s Edition of Shadow and Bone and the Illumicrate edition of Lives of Saints by Leigh Bardugo. Illumicrate also did a debut box for Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas. I treated myself to A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown and Lobizona by Romina Garber after being so interested in both of them for ages.
Yet again, some amazing publishers decided to treat me. The awesome Frankie Banks at Little Brown Book Group sent me The Coven by Lizzie Fry and the fantastic Siobhan McDermott sent me The Last Girl by Goldy Moldavsky. Penguin and The Write Reads sent me The Cousins by Karen McManus and, finally Ann Bissell at Borough Press made my year by sending me Plain Bad Heroines by Emily M. Danforth.
I definitely managed to amass a huge number of books for my birthday (the huge stack on the right) and I seriously thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for their generosity.
Thank you to:
- Lauren from Northern Plunder for What We Don’t Talk About by Charlot Kristensen
- Rose from Life Amongst The Pages for When No One is Watching by Alyssa Cole
- Amy from Amy’s Bookish Life for Amelia Westlake was Never Here by Erin Gough
- Izzie from Izzies Busy Reading for Most Likely by Sarah Watson
- Blue from Library of Books and Daydreams for Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
- Becky from Becky’s Book Blog for The Silvered Serpents by Rostand Chokshi
- Theresa from Sappho’s Library for You’re Next by Kylie Schachte
- Ellie Mai from Ellie-Mai Blogs for Such A Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- Finn from Evidently Bookish for Miss Meteor by Anna-Marie McLemore and Tehlor Kay Mejia
- Lauren from Bookish Lauren Blog for The Good Immigrant
I also was gifted Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria Chao and The Kill Club by Wendy Heard.
I will continue to speak up about current events now and forever and to help, here are links to Carrds talking about many of the world’s current events and how you can help. Also, I’ve linked here the Black Lives Matter Carrd to support, but also here is a list of resources to aid Anti-Racism work in the UK, as well as UK specific places to donate to. I will be doing this on every post. If you have the funds to donate, please do but if not, please support and uplift Black voices and sign the petitions, including 10 UK specific petitions here.